You can read about the Times’ plan for the launch of its pay wall next month in the “Wall St. Journal, New York Times Readies Pay Wall: Paper Will Charge for Bundled Digital Service, Allow Some Free Access.”
The Times plans are said to include:
- A certain amount of free online access
- An Internet-only package that may cost $10 per month.
- A digital package, including iPad app access, for $20 per month.
- Print and online access: bundled together for the same print subscription fee.
Key questions include:
- How much access will non-subscribers get to Times coverage?
- How much access will non-subscribers get to Times coverage — via the Times’ syndicated news service — available on other sites that lack a pay wall yet?
- How many non-subscribers will decide to pay for online access?
Tagged: paywall, New York Times, pay wall