When several members of the Birnbach Communications team started working
for a large networking software developer, the company was widely perceived
as having seen better days.
- Showcase the company in a hip, happening way as an Internet innovator
in the company of other Internet thought leaders.
- Generate awareness and coverage of the company's new web technology
in conjunction with a wide range of partners.
- Demonstrate a new point of entry for the company's Internet business
initiatives and product direction.
- Create a “buzz” around relationship management and the company's
- Position its product as the Internet directory of choice.
- Demonstrate its corporate culture moving at "Internet speed"
- Generate coverage on the company, its Internet directory, and e-business
The company was launching a new "in the net" initiatives to
leverage its traditional core expertise in the then new realm of e-business.
- Planned all aspects of compelling multimedia event in New York City.
- Produced marketing video featuring Verne Troyer ("Mini-Me" from "Austin
- Conducted Satellite Media Tour.
- Contacted top-tier media to invite them to event and introduce them
to new strategy and technology.
We created messages for three targeted groups:
- For Consumer/Lifestyle/Broadcast: Simple, compelling, new technology
that will make the next holiday season a whole lot easier.
- For Business/Trend reporters: Answers growing demand for convenience,
security, multiple relationships management.
- For the company's "Watchers": Provides a human face to
a powerful directory technology and delivers on the technology promise
announced at the company's annual user conference.
We generated interest from 70 reporters from the business, trade, consumer
and international media. We conducted 17 on-site interviews/teleconferences
and 13 interviews during the satellite media tour (SMT). Highlights among
the pre-briefings were interviews with Forbes, The Wall Street Journal,
San Jose Mercury News, and ABC World News Tonight.
Perception of the company had improved. The company had clearly communicated
its strategy and signaled its intent to become a "serious player
in today’s e-business economy.”
- Total placements (print, broadcast, online): 74.
- Total print circulation: 15,975,494.
- Total broadcast Nielson audience: 960,580.
- Multiple Dow Jones day-off (10/5/99) articles.